Wednesday, February 1, 2012

From shapeless to stylish.

I have had the sewing machine out again this week and have been finishing up little bits and pieces, mostly just minor adjustments to the kids clothes. I have been busy refashioning a few things but would you believe it, I forgot to take photos before giving them to my nieces DOH!!! I will get them to model them all for me in a few days. One thing I did photograph was this number. It started life as a shapeless grandma top that I picked up $1 but I thought that the geometric pattern had something going for it.

 
 After removing the sleeves, leaving the neckline intact, and taking it in a little my girls are fighting over who gets to keep this funky little dress. I just sort of made this one up as I went along but it turned out so well that I will definitely be making some more.



 
So do any of you out there reading this like to re-invent clothing? I am always looking for inspiration so please feel free to leave a link to your own blogs in my comments, I'd love to see what you do.


TFL

Lisa
 

2 comments:

BecM said...

Love it Lisa!!!
You clever girl.
I've been seeing lots of gorgeous prints in horrible boring styles of clothing. Have been tempted to refashion them.
Hope to catch up with you soon!!!

Tania said...

Fantastic as always

Design team member for

Design team member for

Guests